The Pro's and Con's of a Surprise Wedding!
Thinking about it are we?
NO IDEA WHERE TO START OR IF IT'S EVEN WORTH IT?
In my opinion Surprise Weddings can be so much fun if you're willing to sacrifice some of the excitement that comes with your family and friends helping with your wedding prep journey plus there are so many pros to doing it this way!
🤩PRO'S TO THINK ABOUT
1.You'll SAVE heaps of money
2.You can have it literally anytime and anywhere you want
3.You don’t have to go through with all the copiasamounts of decorations
4.You don’t even have to have a bridal party if you don’t want to
5.You can make it a Sunday BBQ through to a pub/restaurant or the full scale wedding reception ( what ever is your fancy)
6.Less politics because no one knows what you are doing so there will be no “you have to’s EVERRR
7.Way less stress because there are no expectations
8.You can do it at your own pace
8.So many more perks the list really goes on.
😢 CONS TO THINK ABOUT.
1. you will basically be doing it by your selves if you don’t want to tell anyone.
2. Mum and dad may get upset that they couldn’t be prepared for it
3. Mum and dad may get upset that Aunty Sally twice removed wasn’t invited
4. Your friends/ family might be upset that they couldn’t be a part of the prep or bridal party
5. you won't have anyone to help you except for one another.
SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE
Most of your family and friends will forgive you especially the ones who truly love you <3
REMEMBER IT’S YOUR DAY NOT THEIR’S
I have done quite a few Surprise weddings
1. was a back yard BBQ on a Sunday literally everyone thought it was the engagement. I was a long lost friend lol They didn’t actually keep the secret very well.
2. Another engagement at a restaurant and I was part of the bar staff
3. Back yard birthday theme was formal and I lived next door and was the cake decorating friend (just so happens I’m an ex cake decorator) 😂
4. Another engagement with a masked ball. 👺👹 I have no idea how I fit in 😂 lucky I had a mask
✍️LEGALLY THIS IS ALL YOU NEED TO DO TO HAVE A SURPRISE WEDDING
Organise your Celebrant between 18 calendar months and no later than 1 Calendar month prior to your chosen date and be in agreeance with your fiancé of the date you have chosen to be married.
BASICALLY YOU MUST BOTH KNOW YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED 💍
It’s up to you if you inform the bridal party however if you decide not to then
Maybe choose a theme which means they’ll be perfectly dressed to step in on the night when you surprise them!
Or don’t choose a theme the rest of the day/night is totally up to you
ARE YOU PLANNING A THEME FOR YOUR WEDDING?
Share your pro’s/con’s so far in the comments below 👇👇